My name is Laminn, and here's a little bit about me...
- I started doing massage therapy in 2011 and trained at the Middlesex School of Complementary Medicine.
- Before starting on a new path in complementary therapies, I worked as a management accountant in the media, publishing and charity sectors.
- I believe in the healing benefits of massage, both on a physiological and psychological level.
- I am passionate about complementary therapies and dedicated to continually develop and update my skills and explore other therapies.
- My motivation is to helping others.
- I practice yoga and meditation.
- I am committed to provide quality treatments and help my clients' well-being to maintain a happy healthy mind and body.
- I enjoy running and dancing.
- I am a keen runner and have ran numerous half marathons. I have ran two full marathons in Ireland (Clonakilty Waterfront Marathon in December 2013, and Dublin Marathon in October 2016). I hope to do more!
- I am currently studying a 3 year Nutritional Therapy Diploma at the Institute for Optimum Nutrition, to train and qualify as a nutritional therapist.
- I have completed ITEC Diet & Nutrition Diploma enabling me to offer nutritional and healthy eating advice.
Qualifications - Massage
- ITEC Level 4 Certificate Sports Massage Therapy (grade:Merit)
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma Massage, inclu. Anatomy & Physiology (grade:Distinction)
- ITEC Level 3 Certificate Indian Head Massage (grade:Distinction)
- MSCM Diploma Oncology Massage
- MSCM Certificate in Massage for Pregnancy
- MSCM Advanced Massage Certificates in
Trigger Point Therapy
Hot Stone Massage/Therapy
Thai Foot Massage
Warm Bamboo Massage
Deep Tissue Techniques for Shoulder and Upper Limb
Massage Techniques for Footballers
Massage Techniques for Runners
Qualifications - Nutrition
- Shaw Academy Diploma in Sports & Exercise Nutrition (Distinction)
- ITEC Level 3 Certificate in Diet & Nutrition for Complementary Therapists (Merit) - qualification to give healthy eating and nutritional advice.
- Institute for Optimum Nutrition (ION) - student nutritional therapist
- Member of the Complementary Therapists Association (CThA).
- Member of Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) and registered for Massage Therapy and Sports Therapy.
- Student member of British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (BANT).
- Fully insured.
- Have treated many athletes from various sporting disciplines, including runners, cyclists, triathletes, martial arts, dancers etc. as well as military personnel and office workers with poor posture and high stress levels.
- Worked at spinal care clinic providing remedial massage to patients with various musculoskeletal conditions.
- Worked at various events providing sports massage, including London and Brighton Marathon, Royal Parks Half Marathon, Thames Path Challenge, Middlesex Cricket Club, Emirates Stadium, Midnight Walk, Marble Hill Park Walk etc.
- Charity volunteer work in Sarajevo for Healing Hands Network. I provided massage therapy to patients who suffered from the Bosnian War, left with PTSD, mental and physical scars.
- Charity volunteer work for Community Cancer Centre, a local charity, providing massage treatments to help people who are experiencing the effects of cancer and its treatments.
As a runner myself, I am especially keen to treat running related muscular pains and niggles. I am able to fully relate to the pain!